TRAVEL ADVICE FOR GUATEMALA
Vacation planning is key to trouble free visit to Guatemala. By doing your research before leaving for Guatemala, you will be able to minimize the prospects of anything really going wrong. Lots of visitors all too often regret for not using these basic pre travel measures in advance of travelling to Guatemala.
Consider the most current health services obtainable and travel health recommendation for Guatemala using the table beneath. You'll, additionally, get a wide array of resources to help you plan for a safe and stress-free travel to Guatemala as well as a safe stay when you are in there.
Travel Health Advice for Guatemala
Travel insurance tips for Guatemala
Travel advice for Guatemala
Travel Health Advice For Guatemala
You may also obtain further travel health advice from travel vaccination for Guatemala
The travel advice information on this travel immunisation website does not replace your doctor's advice. Information about travel disease risk in Guatemala and travel vaccination immunisation for guatemala are drawn from the centres for Disease Control websites around the world and refers to known health risks in Guatemala.
The travel health information for Guatemala provided does not include any information relating to disease outbreaks, which may occur regularly and with little warning.
Talk to your doctor before you travel to Guatemala for the most up to date travel health and travel immunisation information.
Tips for Guatemala Travel Insurance
- Make sure that that you fully understand precisely just what your holiday insurance protects since they are not infinite. It may possibly not safeguard you for cancellation or travel plans.
- Sort out any kind of insurance coverage problems quickly with the insurance provider.
- Make sure that that insurance policy is adequate for potential costs in Guatemala. Ensure you state any kind of pre-existing health conditions you might have.
- Normally, protection for luggage and personal belongings is limited and expensive items such as cameras, laptops and/or diamond jewelry may have a may have a per-item limit.
- Exclusions: General exclusions are present on all holiday insurance coverages which include acts of riots, self induced injury, loss/theft of un monitored travel luggage and pre-existing health conditions. Travel insurance coverage might be invalidated where injuries are received under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Travel Tips For Travel To Guatemala
- Always check the current travel advice for Guatemala from any of the following websites: UK travel advice for Guatemala, US State Department travel warnings for Guatemala or Canadian government travel advice for Guatemala.
- Invest in an appropriate travel insurance for Guatemala to cover hospital treatment, medical evacuation and any specific recreation, as well as adventure sporting activities, in which you decide to Guatemala.
- Well before going to Guatemala register your travel and contact information on line or at your local embassy or consulate when you first arrive in Guatemala, so that they can communicate with you in an emergency.
- Respect the Guatemalan law. Consular help simply cannot bypass local Guatemalan regulations, even where local laws appear to be severe or unfair by your country’s benchmarks.
- Double check to ascertain if you need visas for Guatemala or countries you will be going to or transiting. Please remember a Guatemalan visa doesn't necessarily guarantee entry into Guatemala.
- Get copies of your passport particulars, travel insurance policy, travellers cheques, visas and credit card numbers. Carry one copy in a separate location to the originals and leave a copy with a friend or relative at home.
- Confirm with doctors for facts about recommended vaccinations or some other precautions for Guatemala and see about Guatemala procedures on travelling with prescription drugs.
- Leave a copy of your trip itinerary with a friend or relative at home and maintain regular contact with family and friends while in Guatemala.
Dual Nationality Holders
Before departing your home country check whether you are regarded as a national of the Guatemala.
Research whether holding dual nationality has any implications for your travel.
Passport Validity For Guatemala
Ensure your passport has at least six months validity from your planned date of return to your home country. Guatemala will refuse entry on arrival and some airlines will not allow passengers to board flights if their passport does not meet this requirement.
Before travelling, you should contact the Guatemalan embassy or consulates
of each country you intend to visit to confirm the entry requirements.
Guatemalan Embassies Worldwide
2001 - 2012